Research in the Integrated Catalysis CDT is based on the integration of biocatalytic and chemocatalytic processes.
The integration of these processes is fundamental to the future of molecule manufacturing across the entire chemical industry.
Research conducted within iCAT will see us collaborating closely with the Manchester Institute of Biotechnology and the Centre of Excellence for Biocatalysis, Biotransformation and Biocatalytic Manufacture (CoEBio3).
Most recent on top.
- Anastasios Charitou et al., Aryne-Enabled C−N Arylation of Anilines. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2023, e202310583. https://doi.org/10.1002/anie.202310583
- Alice Ieong et al., Furan Release via Force-Promoted Retro-[4+2][3+2] Cycloaddition. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2023, 145, 38, 20782–20785. https://doi.org/10.1021/jacs.3c08771
- Alfie Taylor et al., An NHC-Catalyzed Desulfonylative Smiles Rearrangement of Pyrrole and Indole Carboxaldehydes. J. Org. Chem. 2023, 88, 12821-12825. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.joc.3c01089
- Thomas Lister et al., Transition-Metal-Catalyzed C–H Bond Activation for the Formation of C–C Bonds in Complex Molecules. Chem. Rev. 2023, 123, 7692–7760. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.chemrev.2c00888
- Lewis Caiger et al., The Merger of Aryl Radical-Mediated Halogen-Atom Transfer (XAT) and Copper Catalysis for the Modular Cross-Coupling-Type Functionalization of Alkyl Iodides. ACS Catal. 2023, 13, 4985–4991. https://doi.org/10.1021/acscatal.3c00571
- Thomas Lister et al., Engineered Biocatalysts for Enantioselective Reductive Aminations of Cyclic Secondary Amines. ChemCatChem, 2023. 15, e202300256. https://doi.org/10.1002/cctc.202300256
- William Jobbins et al., Reactivity of tetrel functionalized heptapnictogen clusters towards heteroallenes. Dalton Trans., 2023, 52, 2384-2391. https://doi.org/10.1039/D2DT04074C
- Alexander Betts et al., Bimetallic Aluminium- and Niobium-Doped MCM41 for Efficient Conversion of Biomass-Derived 2-Mehyltetrahydrofuran to Pentadienes, Angewandte Chemie, 2022, 61, e202212164. https://doi.org/10.1002/anie.202212164
- Romain Jamagne et al., A tape-reading molecular ratchet, Nature, 2022, 612, 78-82. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41586-022-05305-9
- Jonathan Trimble et al., A designed photoenzyme for enantioselective [2+2] cycloadditions, Nature, 2022, 611, 709-714. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41586-022-05335-3
- Jake Foster et al., Directed evolution of an efficient and thermostable PET depolymerase, Nature Catalysis, 2022, 5, 673-681. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41929-022-00821-3
- Stanley Sowerby Thomas et al., Meging enzymes with chemocatalysis for amide bond synthesis, Nature Communications, 2021,13, 380. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41467-022-28005-4
- Romain Jamagne et al., α-Amino-iso-Butyric Acid Foldamers Terminated with Rhodium(I) N-Heterocyclic Carbene Catalysts, Chem Eur J, 2021, 28, e202104293. https://doi.org/10.1002/chem.202104293
- Lewis Caiger et al., Radical hydroxymethylation of alkyl iodides using formaldehyde as a C1 synthoy, Chemical Science, 2021, 12, 10448-10454. https://doi.org/10.1039/D1SC03083C
- Emma Pye et al., Recent advances in the chemistry of ketyl radicals, Chem. Soc. Rev. 2021, 50, 5349-5365. https://doi.org/10.1039/D0CS00358A
Note: the author named above is the iCAT CDT student, not necessarily the lead author for the publication.